VISA APPLICATION GUIDELINES
The Embassy of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Jakarta-Indonesia issues visas to individuals residing in and applying from Indonesia. Due to regulatory constraints, we can only issue single entry visas valid for a one-month stay, with the exception of Business Visas (can be issued up to a maximum period of 3 years with multiple entries). Those wishing to stay longer in Afghanistan can apply to the Consulate Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul for an extension of their visa.
Applications for visas can be made by post or in person. Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consulate Section. Applications that are incomplete or lacking necessary documentations will not be processed.
Checklist of requirements
- All applicants, whether applying by post or in person, must submit the following items as part of their application package:
- Applicants must request for an appointment.
- Visa Application Form – fully completed in typewritten and duly signed. Visa application form can be downloaded here.
- The applicant’s passports must have at least six months validity and must have blank pages.
- Applicants traveling for employment or business purposes must provide documentation from their present or prospective employer, or other organization concerned verifying purpose of visit and an authorization reference number from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan.
- Evidence of Employment in Indonesia.
- Two standard passport size photos, affixed to the appropriate box on the application form (photos must be identical, recent, color on white background, taken directly off the face and show both ears). See full Photo Requirements
- A copy of the applicant’s Indonesian Residence Permit/Identity Card and documents verifying your current address in Indonesia, such as utility bills, municipal papers, etc.
- Visa processing fee (refer to visa fees table and payment method below)
- Applicants wishing to receive their passports by post must provide a registered, self-addressed return envelope.
- For Tourist Visas additional documents are required (Invitation letter from a sponsor/tour company, confirmed flight and accommodation bookings, travel insurance, bank statement with sufficient funds covering the travel and stay in Afghanistan)
- If visiting family or friends, please write a letter of introduction stating whom you intend to visit in Afghanistan or a reliable official or duly registered entity in Afghanistan; or a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul to authorize the visit.
- All foreign nationals can obtain an Afghan visa, except in the following cases:
- Applicants must request for an appointment.
- When the individuals has not completed the previous ban period.
- Two standard passport size photos, affixed to the appropriate box on the application form (photos must be identical, recent, color on white background, taken directly off the face and show both ears).
- When the individual is suspected to disrupt security and civil order, is suspected of moral corruption, or lacks respect for the prevalent culture in Afghanistan.
- In exceptional cases when the authorities of the consular and diplomatic missions of Afghanistan, based on sound reasons, deem unfavorable to issue a visa to a certain individual.
- When there is a risk of spread of a contagious disease.
- When the competent authorities have decided to deny the visa.
- In color WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND
- Printed on matte or glossy photo-quality paper
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Because the photo background is white, avoid white clothing and white scarves
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Applicants are encouraged to apply directly to the Embassy, applications submitted to the Embassy by travel agencies will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- Ensure you write your full name in Dari/Pashto on the application.
visa processing fee
|VISA TYPE||VISA DURATION||VISA FEE|
|Entry Visa Work||30 Days (One Month)||120.USD|
|Single Entry Visa||30 Days (One Month)||100.USD|
|Visiting Single Entry Visa||30 Days (One Month)||80.USD|
|Multiple Business Entry Visa||30 Days (One Month)||50.USD|
|Multiple Business Entry Visa||90 Days (Three Months)||100.USD|
|Multiple Business Entry Visa||180 Days (Six Months)||120.USD|
|Single Entry Tourist Visa||365 Days (1 Year)||380.USD|
|Official Visa||As Per Request||Gratis|
|Diplomatic Visa||As per request||Gratis|
|Visa within 24 Hours*||30 Days (One Month)||Urgent visa applications require a surcharge |
payment of 60.USD in addition to the regular fees.
- All NATO contractors will be required to pay an additional $300.USD, one-time fee for a one year multiple-entry visa.
- Media personnel/journalists are required to provide an introduction letter stating the purpose, duration and places intended to visit in Afghanistan. (Media journalists must contact Press Office of the Directorate of Media Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, located at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Char-rah e Malik Asghar, Shah Mahmood Ghazi Street, Kabul Afghanistan.)
To download registration form or obtain more information about the Directorate of Media Relations in Afghanistan, follow this link: http://go.mfa.af/media-relations
- For official visits, please contact your employer to send a letter of introduction with the details of the purpose of your visit to Afghanistan to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan in Kabul, who will then send the Consulate General an authorization for issuance of the visa.
- If visiting family or friends please write a letter of introduction stating whom you intend to visit in Afghanistan.
- If tourism is the purpose of your visit please state in detail the nature of your tour and places you intend to travel in Afghanistan.
- If employment is the purpose of your visit, an official letter of introduction from your employer, sponsoring organization stating the purpose and duration of your trip is required.
- Applicants applying for a work visa should be below the age of retirement (65) and must provide their educational documents along with the visa application, invitation or introduction letter from the employer in Afghanistan.
- Visa process may include a face to face interview.
- All consular charges are only payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
- All payments must cover the total amount that is payable to the Embasy, including the relevant fee, bank charge and any postal cost, if applicable. The payment must be received by the Consulate General together with your application form.
- Payments in cash, personal cheque are not accepted under any circumstances. Please note that in cases of bank transfer, the verification takes time and may cause delays to the processing of the visa requests.
- Applicants may apply in person by visiting the Consulate Section of the Embassy during the section’s official opening hours prior booking an online appointment below, which are as follows:
- Monday to Friday (except Wednesdays) from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Afternoons are allocated for the collection of issued visas. The Consulate Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays, Sundays and other official Holidays of Indonesia and Afghanistan.
- After the completed application is received at the Consular Section, the applicants will be asked to return on a specified day and time to pick up their visas endorsed on their passport(s). Those applying in person can request for their passports to be returned to them by post, in which case the applicants will be required to present a registered, self-addressed return envelope.
- After the Embasy has received complete application(s) with all the necessary documents and payments, normally the visa will be issued within ten to fifteen working days.
- Applicants applying by post, must take into consideration that it takes several working days for their registered documents to reach us and for them to receive back from us. Therefore, applicants are requested to avoid making any travel arrangements before obtaining their visas.The Embassy will not accept any responsibility for delay in obtaining your visas or changes in your travel plans.
- All original documents submitted as part of visa application will be returned to the applicant after the due process.
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a VISA FORM, if you are applying in with family, please book separate online appointments!